This salad is very simple to prepare and is absolutely delicious!
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 40 mins
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 butternut pumpkin (cubed)
200g Feta (low-fat or Danish)
1/2 cup Pine nuts
500g baby spinach leaves
2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced)
2. Place pumpkin in a baking tray with the olive oil and toss to coat the pumpkin
3. Sprinkle with salt and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Toss the pumpkin every 5 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes turn the oven to 230 degrees to ensure the pumpkin is browned and slightly crispy. Bake for further 5 – 10 minutes
5. Meanwhile wash and dry the baby spinach
6. Place the pinenuts in a non stick fry pan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until pinenuts are golden (once golden remove to a ceramic dish so the pinenuts do not continue to cook and burn).
7. Drain and crumble the feta.
8. Place baby spinach in a large salad bowl. Add feta and pinenuts. Once pumpkin is ready add to salad bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
This salad can be served immediately or left to cool.