“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A $25/hr, Fun And Fulfilling Fitness Coaching Position Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Fitness Coach,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
You may have arrived here because you saw my employment ad that reads like this:
Fitness Coach, $25/hr, excellent attitude, people person,
growth/bonus opportunities. www.KiamaFitnessJobs.com
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Dave Lambert and I run a fitness and nutrition coaching company called Oxygen Health & Fitness in Kiama, NSW.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customised nutrition and fitness programs.
And business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
Oxygen Health & Fitness Kiama trains in various beautiful locations around Kiama, including Surf Beach, Hindmarsh Park and Strength training at Kiama High School.
We specialise in Group based programs. We initially started as a Boot Camp business and grew an excellent industry reputation as a quality provider in that field. We still run Boot Camps however our service offerings have evolved. Our main service, Semi Private Personal Training, combines the individual coaching and attention of Personal Training with the energy and dynamics of Boot Camp. This small group format is also very effective with our Nutrition Coaching and Consultative services. We offer a complete solution to help educate, motivate, and support women and men to improve their health and fitness.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients across our various sessions and locations 3-4 days a week for 1-2 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
Bottom line: you’ll get at least 6 hours of training clients per week at $25 per hour. You will be paid as a Casual Employee, and have the opportunity to increase your hours and paypacket after a 90-day trial period. If you want to be part of a growing company, there are Lead Trainer and Management positions that will see you take on more responsibilties and be rewarded for it. I can provide career pathways, both within my company and the fitness industry internationally through my previous employment with NPE. But you have to prove you are made of the right stuff.
Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
* Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style, knowledge and personality.
* Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise diaries and more on a weekly basis. Knowing how to help clients set and achieve goals is a skill you must master. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to their health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
* Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
* Coach clients through 6-week programs: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients your working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate the client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
* Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
* Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
* Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person, on the phone and online and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
* People skills and personality- you must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting community and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
* Health and Fitness Education: You do not need fitness industry experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory)
* Previous Fitness Industry experience (fitness studio, gym, health club, own business.)
* Basic nutrition knowledge.
* Fitness Professional Insurance
* First Aid/CPR Certified
* Experience/previous successful background in Team Sports
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form below and we’ll contact you by phone:
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Oxygen Health & Fitness
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that’s you, I promise that $25/hr is only the starting point. I recognise and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!