I’ve got a great Friday Fuel recipe for you today that’s tasty, healthy & easy.
It’s another recipe from Gourmet Nutrition, a cookbook created by Precision Nutrition (PN) – the world’s leading authority on nutrition for health, physique and performance. PN is definitely one resource that this Kiama Fitness group follows regularly. Their cookbook Gourmet Nutrition breaks down meals into two classifications – Anytime Meals and Post Workout Meals (which have a higher carbohydrate content to help the body refuel after training.)
Lemon Pepper Salmon with Bok Choy & Soy Ginger Lentils
The frozen section of Woolworths has Ocean Chef brand Lemon Pepper Salmon Portions for around $26.00 for 1kg or 8 portions (see below)
- 2 Defrosted Lemon Pepper Salmon Fillets
- 1 Can Brown Lentils (drained)
- 2 Cups Bok Choy (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Shallots
- Pre-heat Oven to 180 Degrees Celsius
- Place each Salmon fillet skin side down on greased baking paper.
- Set oven timer for 12 mins.
- In a large Wok on medium-high heat, add Butter, Shallots, Ginger, Bok Choy and saute for 1 minute. Leave Salmon in oven during this process.
- Turn off the heat, add lentils and soy sauce and stir for a further 1 Minute.
- Remove Salmon from the oven.
- Serve lentil/bok choy mixture onto plates and top with Salmon Fillet.