Today’s recipe comes from Gourmet Nutrition, a brilliant cookbook created by Precision Nutrition – the world’s leading authority on nutrition for health physique and performance. This is the nutrition advice we use and promote as a Kiama Nutrition Coach.
Baked Chicken Strips (Serves 2)
- 200g Chicken Breast (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- Salt ( 2 Pinches)
- Pepper (1 pinch)
- Paprika (1 pinch)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Whole wheat Breadcrumbs (1/4 cup)
- Grated Coconut (1/4 cup)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Season chicken evenly with, pepper and paprika.
- Add the egg and water to a mixing bowl, whisk together well and set aside. Mix the breadcrumbs and coconut together in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and toss until coated completely. Remove and allow excess to drip off for a few seconds and then place directly into the breadcrumb/coconut mixture. Roll until nicely coated.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with Olive oil cooking spray and place strips onto tray and then into oven.
- Bake until golden brown or cooked through (about 15-20 minutes). To test if they are cooked through, remove the largest strip and cut in half to check doneness.
To make Teriyaki sesame Chicken Strips combine a tablespoon of soy sauce and melted honey to the egg mixture and substitute the coconut for sesame seeds.