As a small town with 3 Thai Restaurants, it’s obviously one of the stand out options when you’re looking for easy take away food. Trouble is, as with most take away options, the calories can quickly add up.
Try this healthy option that will not only save you some calories from your Kiama fat loss program but also a few dollars from your back pocket.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 600g Chicken Mince
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Brown Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Red Capsicum, diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Beef Stock
- 1 Tablespoon of Fish Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup of Peanuts, chopped
- Big Iceburg Lettuce
- In a big electric fry pan(or heavy skillet) on medium-high heat, start browning the Chicken Mince along with the Red Chilli Flakes.
- When the chicken is cooked, stir in the Onion, Capsicum, Lime Juice, Beef Stock, Fish Sauce & Soy Sauce. Turn the heat to low and let everything simmer for 5 minutes, or until liquid evaporates completely.
- Arrange a big Lettuce leaf on a plate, spoon the mixture into it and sprinkle with Peanuts
- Wrap up the Lettuce and eat as you would a burrito
|Calories (per serve)||261|