Welcome to Precision Nutrition Online Coaching. Over the next 21 Days, you will receive a link to your Daily Dose of healthy nutrition information that takes you right here to our website. Being Day 1 of the program, this first Lesson gives you an overview of the program, how it’s going to work and what you need to do to get the most value from it. Most days though, the aim is to keep it brief enough that you can understand and absorb the information without consuming too much of your valuable time. So let’s get to it.
PN is the world’s largest body transformation company. Since 2000, their team of over 50 different doctors, exercise specialists, naturopaths and nutritionists have coached over 200,000 people in nearly 100 countries. They’ve done all the research, seen all the scenarios and heard all the excuses. What they do works and as such it’s become the system that the experts turn to. The most significant names in the fitness industry endorse Precision Nutrition as the best. In 2012, I was lucky enough to be accepted into their Coaching Certification Program of which only 200 Fitness Professionals worldwide get that opportunity each year. PN Coaches are out to change the way people think about fat loss – to drown out the noise and theories and share what we know really works.
I’ll present some ideas that can be hard for some people to accept. I’ve seen people’s reactions and I remember being the same myself. It’s a mix of excitement and anxiety. Why? Because not only can fat loss be much simpler than many people think, it has to be much simpler. Otherwise it just doesn’t work long term. How many other diets and fads do you know of (and maybe even tried yourself) that work initially but are unsustainable?
To get the most out of this course, I encourage you to come in with an open mind and consider that what I teach you might just be true.
Because, well, it is.
Precision Nutrition Coaching:
This crash course is designed to give you an overview and introduction to Nutrition information that can change your life. Nutrition is the key to better health, increased performance and a leaner physique. I don’t know exactly what your goals are yet but it would fall into one of those three categories. Precision Nutrition provides the most simplified approach to understanding and improving yourself in these areas.
21 Days is a short period of time and the commitment I will ask of you is minimal. However 21 Days is long enough to create new habits that can change your life so drop the excuses and get with the program.
Much of what we will cover over the course of this program will relate back to these two key principles of Precision Nutrition.
- Following the “10 Rules of Precision Nutrition”.
- Following Precision Nutrition Meal Classification types shown below.
Over the next 21 days you’ll learn how following these basic rules and meal classifications, 90% of the time, will be the only nutrition advice you’ll ever need again.
Getting started: Weekly Goal Setting & Assessment
Here’s how to complete Health & Fitness Goals Assessment:
- Long Terms Goals are those that you want to achieve in the next 6-12 months.
- Why are these Goals important to me is some of the most important information you will ever complete so be honest and descriptive here.
- Strengths & Areas for improvement can be exercise or nutrition related.
- Short Term Goals are areas for improvement you wish to correct over the next 1-2 Months.
- Your Number ONE Priority to improve results this week should be focused toward improving ONE of your Short Term Goals.
Here’s how to get started with your Daily Health Diary:
- Insert Name, Day & Date at the top of the page (I know sounds simple right?).
- Complete Long Term Goals that you would like to achieve in the next 6-12 months.
- Complete Short Term Goals that you would like to achieve over the next 1-2 Months.
- For each Meal you eat, record the time you ate it where you see this _ _ : _ _
- For each Meal you eat, record a brief description of it eg: Salmon Fillet w Steamed Broccoli, Beans and Asparagus etc.
- Record any drinks you consume eg: 600ml water, large glass orange juice, 1 skim latte, 2 Beers etc.
- Record any INTENSE exercise you completed eg: Strength training/Conditioning/Stair Run/Touch Football
- Record any useful notes that come to mind eg: felt very energetic today after my healthy breakfast.
- Work down the right side of the page and either tick or cross each box under Does this qualify?
- Record Daily Score, take a photo of your Daily Health Diary and submit to either Precision Nutrition Private Forum or your Coach.
Here’s an example:
To post to Facebook, take a picture of your Diary for the Day and then keep an eye out for the “What did you eat today” picture.
Click on Comment, then click on the small camera icon to upload the picture of your completed Daily Health Diary.
Good luck and we’ll meet back here next lesson. If there’s any questions or concerns ask away on the Forum – it’s the quickest way to get answers.