This recipe comes courtesy of our business associate, Maggie Taylor of The Gourmet Saint. For more info visit www.gourmetsaint.com.au or click on The Gourmet Saint logo at the bottom this recipe. Enjoy!
Prep: 20 mins
Baking: 30 mins + 10 mins standing time
1 pkt lasagne sheets
2 cups natural, low-fat, reduced salt cottage cheese
3 Tbs chopped chives or spring onion greens
1 cup canned tomato puree
½ tsp each dried basil and thyme leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
375g unpeeled zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
2/3 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley to garnish
- If required, cook lasagne in plenty of boiling water until tender but still firm; drain and lay flat on paper towels.
- In bowl, combine and mix cottage cheese and chives.
- In a small saucepan, heat the tomato puree with herbs and pepper to taste until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- To assemble: Spoon a very thin layer of sauce in base of a deep, 24x16cm oblong baking dish or casserole. Arrange half the lasagne, then half the zucchini on top. Top with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Add the remaining lasagne, then zucchini. Spoon on remaining sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella, then parmesan.
- Bake lasagne at 200c until bubbly and browned, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Garnish servings with parsley.